Friday 13 September 2013

A Question of Perspective



Everything we now except as normal was derived from obscurity, a sub-culture of sorts. 

Jesus Christ, for example, wasn’t preaching to the masses, his words resonated to a few loyal friends who were crazy enough to stand up to blind conformity. 

I often notice how this same trend applies to the people I see on the streets of Winnipeg. This is not to say that I regularly observe short, long-bearded men jumping up on boulevards, shouting out anti-establishment rhetoric. But what one day may be considered silly or bizarre, can be normalized the next, it’s simply a question of perception. 

My friend decided to shave the side of her head last month. She has gorgeous long black hair. I wept. My gleaned understanding of what qualifies beauty completely shattered. 

A couple of weeks later, I got used to it and I even began to like her new look. When I went out in the evenings I noticed that more and more people were adopting the same style. I looked on the Internet and saw Miley twerking with a shaved ring around the bottom a blonde bob.  

It’s something to consider when it comes to immediately defining behavior as weird. 

This is not to say that I will partially shave my head or dance naked on a wrecking ball but hey, I’m not judging. 

Happy Friday everyone!

And even though Miley's hair cut is becoming popularized, lets hope her behaviour in this new video isn’t.  

No comments:

Post a Comment