Friday 25 October 2013

My Friend is smrt


My good friend, Mike Skwark is one of the funniest people I have ever met. His humour stems from his ability to completely disregard what other people think of him. I envy this quality in my friend and I’m pretty sure that he wouldn’t be the talented rap artist that he is if he actually paid any attention to others’ judgements. 

When Mike’s rapping, he’s not Mike, he’s smrt His rap persona embodies a lesson of being yourself and expressing your thoughts and beliefs, no matter how controversial those ideas may be. 

This is not to say that Mike gets on stage and spits out extremist rhetoric. It’s simply that he makes a conscious effort to remain true to himself. This stance against conformity is reflected in his rapping and whenever I see one of his videos or attend one of his shows I’m always so impressed by his ability to communicate a message of individualism through his lyrics. 

Check out this smrt video and let me know what you think. 




No comments:

Post a Comment