Friday 29 November 2013

Weird workout

One thing that I think really highlights our tendency to breakout of our comfort zone and let loose is how much we seem to enjoy trying new workouts. I don't what it is about exercising but whenever a weird way to burn calories catches on everyone wants to try it, no matter how bizarre it may be.

This week, I decided to check out Winnipeg's only indoor trampoline park, Sky Zone.

Why is repeatedly bouncing up and down so cathartic? Maybe it has something to do with an evoked sense of carefree, childlike pleasure. Whatever it is, I have never enjoyed a work-out more in my life.

Sky Zone offers all sorts of trampoline based programming including dodge ball leagues, exercise classes and jump times for all ages. Because it was my first visit, I opted out of taking an actual class and decided to just bounce around for two straight hours. During my next visit, which there will definitely be many of, I plan on taking a "sky robics" class (a drop in visit is on $12).
 
So if you're looking for a fun, unconventional way to work out over the holidays, check out Sky Zone, located at 200-400 Fort Whyte Way.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I was just reading through your blog and I read your profile. I laughed so hard at "I love my dog Buddy but recently he was shaved and I haven't pet him in 9 days." So adorable, and so relatable.

    ReplyDelete